Year 2 The Boy Who Grew Dragons by Andy Shepherd

The Boy Who Grew Dragons by Andy Shepherd and Illustrated by Sara Ogilvie We grow dragons. And I can tell you this – they’re a lot more trouble than cucumbers’
This book is about a little boy who finds a special tree in his back garden whilst digging with his grandad one day. He picks a piece of fruit from the tree and hides it in his bedroom. To the boy’s surprise, the fruit starts glowing and growing! What could it be? It’s a dragon! The little boy decides to keep the dragon as it’s way cooler than any other pet he has! The boy and his new pet are inseparable and go on lots
of adventures together!

Kohan “I like all of the chapters in this book, but most of all I love the dragons! They are amazing!”
Havana “I am excited to read the end of this book, I wondered if the fruit would turn in to a dragon and now I know that it does!”
Sokhna “I would like the story to be even longer and find out what else the characters do together. I am enjoying it so much!”

Up to now we grade this book 10/10 because it is very funny! We find the exploding dragon poo hilarious! We also like all of the characters, especially Lolli the little sister, she is so cute. We hope the rest of this book will be as good as the book has been up to now, but we are certain it will be!

Back to top